Friday, 11 January 2013

Dinner - Spring Chicken Stew

This is another recipe from The Little Paris Kitchen with Rachel Khoo. I sort of owe my love of these recipes to my boyfriend who told me about the program and switched it on before I had even heard of it! I am a bit of a francophile, so anything that brings me a little closer to Paris makes me extra happy. Rachel Khoo uses lamb neck; I prefer chicken but I encourage you to give both a go!

Serves 4

4 chicken thighs
2 cloves of crushed garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder
1 onion, finely chopped (you can find a great video to learn to dice like a pro here)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bay leaf
2 springs of thyme or 1 tsp of dried thyme
4 carrots, cut into chunks
200g frozen peas
200g green beans, chopped
Salt and pepper

Brown the meat, onion, and garlic with the olive oil in a large pan
Add the bay leaf, thyme and carrots, and enough water to cover the meat by a couple of inches
Bring to a simmer and remove any scum that rises to the top
Cover with a lid and simmer for 2 hours (this could also be done in a slow cooker for 6 hours)
Add the peas and beans 5 mins before serveing
Remove the bay leaf and the thyme (if using sprigs)
Add salt and pepper and serve

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment